9 Tips for Your Honeymoon Planning
Planning the honeymoon is fun compared to the rest of the wedding. There are lots of ideas, tips and tricks you will hear from lots of people. We have found the best of the best honeymoon planning tips you can actually use:
- Look for activities: Don’t assume that you’ll be locked in the honeymoon suite 24/7. At some point in time you will want to get out and play! Yes, trust us. Fun activities, great places to eat and incredible entertainment are all key elements.
- Plan a memory: Maybe a bouquet of flowers waiting in the suite or a massage on the last day of the trip, surprise your new bride or groom with a special something. It’ll be a nice memory to include on all of your adventures.
- Go for it: This is your chance to take that dream vacation. From a European adventure to the most tropical island paradise, don’t be afraid to branch out a bit in your plans.
- Tell Everybody You're On Your Honeymoon: All hotels, restaurants, spas and entertainment establishments will have something special they do for newlyweds. Make sure you drop the "we're on our honeymoon" line any chance you get. Resorts in particular are known to give happy couples freebies and special upgrades.
- Utilize your travel agent: Even if you like holding the reigns when it comes to planning, let alone your travel plans, in this circumstance, use them. My husband and I got a free photo package worth well over $200 just for booking with her! It was worth the extra trip to see her and we got a small discount on our overall trip!
What to Pack On Your Honeymoon
The honeymoon packing list. Yep, you know it is time to get ready and with all the wedding planning you have a few hours to throw everything into a bag and get going. Say goodbye to the planning and just follow our ultimate packing list for your honeymoon to be instantly prepared. This comprehensive packing list has everything you need to making packing one less thing to over think as you prepare for your big day
The Basic Stuff
For The Sexy Stuff
Lounge & Sleep
Best Honeymoon Destinations
After looking hugh and low we came up with the top destinations for your honeymoon. Yes, this is the ultimate list of honeymoon destinations. It is not surprising that beach locations feature heavily on this list, but you'll be surprised by some more traditional romantic European cities too.
Known for its amazing sunsets, the most spectacular views and great Greek food, this is the winner. Romantic hotels in the cliffs of this volcanic island, Santorini is the perfect honeymoon location.
With stunning beaches nestled next to beautiful jungles, Maui has everything for honeymooners. Explore volcanoes and trails, be as active as your heart desires. For some R&R, lay on the beach at the many stunning hotels that dot the gorgeous coastline.
The city of canals, gondolas and Italian cooking, Venice has earned bragging rights as a long-standing honeymoon favorite. Just note: Because of the city's popularity, stays at luxury hotels can lean toward the pricier side.
The Hawaiian island of Kauai features private villas on secluded beaches, which make for wonderfully relaxing honeymoons. But adventurous couples can also hike through the Na Pali Coast, explore Waimea Canyon or kayak down the Wailua River.
This large island has lots to explore. Divided into four distinct regions that offer varied experiences and cultures, from jungle adventures to beach bum lazing to cafe lifestyles. The sands are sublime, as are the hotels, spas and cuisine. Not cheap.
Bora Bora's scenery is just the tip of the iceberg. Newlyweds have their pick of several over-the-water resorts. Hotel rates are high, but can you really put a price on a memorable honeymoon?
If you and your sweetheart truly want to get away from it all, head to the Maldives. This remote island chain oozes romance and is one of the most luxurious and expensive honeymoon destinations. Worth every penny.
Couples looking for a low-key honeymoon will find it in Anguilla. You won't encounter cruise ships or high-rise hotels here (the island has an embargo on them), but you will find luxurious beachfront villas peering over ash gray sands. We love the food and the people.
Though a little more rugged than its sister Bora Bora, Tahiti is no less romantic. Couples can hole up in secluded resorts, lounge along dark sand beaches and sample world-class French cuisine in Pape'ete, the island's capital.
Turks & Caicos
Catering to an upscale clientele with high-end hotels, Turks & Caicos features prime snorkeling and scuba diving spots. Plus, nothing says "honeymoon" like lounging along a Caribbean beach.
Fiji's serene beaches make postnuptial relaxation a breeze. Luxe resorts and activities like snorkeling with manta rays in the Yasawas or surfing near the Mamanucas particularly stand out to new couples.
St. Martin - St. Maarten
This island is known for its beaches and its blend of Dutch, French and Caribbean cultures. You'll find several cute towns to explore, and the local cuisine is said to be some of the best in the Caribbean).
For many, Paris is the ultimate honeymoon spot: There's fine dining and swoon-worthy sights.You'll have to pay to experience the city's luxury, but it's your honeymoon — and what could be better than spending it in the City of Lights?
What's more romantic than spending time like the Italian masters? Florence is a city of renowned art and mouthwatering Italian cuisine, the cities history is just amazing. Spend your days walking hand in hand through the labyrinth of stone streets and exploring the greenery of the Boboli Gardens.